What Is NatPro 8000?
NatPro 8000 is a dermatologically tested broad-spectrum natural preservative booster that also functions as a co-emulsifier and fattening active. It is a mixture of Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Caprate, and Glyceryl Laurate. This natural solution boosts the efficacy of regulated preservatives such as isothiozolines, benzyl benzoate, hydantoins, and phenoxyethanols at lower dosages. Because of these properties, NatPro 8000 is typically used in the formulation of cosmetic products.
What Does NatPro 8000 Offer?
Using NatPro 8000 to boost the efficacy of preservatives in cosmetic products presents plenty of benefits. Below are the relevant properties of the multi-functional solution made from sustainably sourced coconuts.
- It is a natural preservative booster and antimicrobial active.
- It is also used as a natural co-emulsifier and superfatting active.
- Its efficacy pH ranges from 4.0 to 9.0.
- The substance has light color and low odor, appealing to the aesthetic of end users.
- It is made from sustainably sourced coconut oil and is readily biodegradable.
What’s more, NatPro 8000 is Halal Certified and Kosher Compliant, and it is vegan and cruelty-free. This makes the substance an ideal component for skin and beauty products that appeal to a wide range of markets and consumers.
Why Do Skin Products Need Preservatives?
Preservatives help extend the product’s shelf life, preventing spoilage and maintaining its effectiveness. Skin products such as creams, lotions, and serums, then, need preservatives for a crucial reason: to ensure their safety and efficacy over time. These products typically contain water, a substance that can create an ideal environment for the growth of bacteria, yeast, and mold. Without preservatives, these microorganisms can flourish and contaminate the product and even trigger harmful skin reactions. Moreover, exposure to air and light can cause oxidation, degrading the product’s quality.
What Are the Different Types of Preservatives Used in Skin Products?
The preservatives used for cosmetic products can be categorized into two: natural and synthetic. Both play a vital role in maintaining the safety and efficacy of skincare products and offer distinct advantages to manufacturers and consumers alike.
Natural preservatives, one of which is NatPro 8000, are derived from organic sources such as plants, minerals, and essential oils. The substances possess antimicrobial properties and have a cleaner, greener image that appeals to consumers who are seeking more natural product options. Natural preservatives are also known for their milder and often more skin-friendly profiles. However, they may have a shorter shelf life compared to synthetic counterparts and require specific formulation considerations to maintain product stability.
Synthetic preservatives, on the other hand, are chemically engineered compounds designed to inhibit the growth of microorganisms effectively. They are often chosen for their reliability and extended shelf life. Common examples of synthetic preservatives include parabens, phenoxyethanol, and ethylhexylglycerin. They offer a broader spectrum of antimicrobial protection and ensure product stability over a more extended period. Despite the efficacy of synthetic preservatives, some consumers are cautious about using them due to concerns about potential health risks.
How Does the Use of Natural Preservatives in Skin Products Benefit Consumers?
Today’s consumers are increasingly mindful of what they apply to their skin and are seeking safer and more environmentally friendly skincare products. Natural preservatives like NatPro 8000 appeal to these buyers, and they also present numerous benefits for cosmetics manufacturers and the environment.
Benefits for Consumers
- Gentler on Skin – Natural preservatives are often milder. They can help reduce the risk of skin irritation and allergies, which can make them a more suitable choice for sensitive skin types.
- Cleaner Ingredients – Consumers appreciate products with recognizable, natural ingredients that align with eco-friendly beauty trends.
- Lower Risk of Harsh Chemical Exposure – Natural preservatives typically have a lower risk of containing potentially harsh or harmful synthetic compounds.
Benefits for Manufacturers
- Marketing Appeal – Products with natural preservatives often have a broader market appeal and attract consumers who prefer a cleaner and more natural approach to skincare.
- Compliance with Regulations – Natural preservatives can help manufacturers meet evolving regulatory standards and respond to consumer demands for safer ingredients.
- Product Differentiation – Utilizing natural preservatives can set products apart in a competitive market and lead to increased brand loyalty.
Benefits for the Environment
- Sustainable Sourcing – Many natural preservatives come from renewable resources that support responsible sourcing practices.
- Reduced Environmental Impact – Natural preservatives tend to have lower environmental impacts, and using them can contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of skincare products.
- Biodegradability – Some natural preservatives are more readily biodegradable, so using them can contribute to a cleaner ecosystem.
What Factors Should Be Considered When Choosing Preservatives for Skin Products?
There are several factors that manufacturers consider when selecting preservatives for their cosmetic products. First and foremost is product safety. The preservatives that go into a product must effectively inhibit microbial growth to prevent contamination and ensure consumer well-being. Additionally, the choice of preservatives depends on the product’s intended use, pH level, and specific formulation. For example, water-based products are more susceptible to microbial contamination, so they often require stronger preservatives.
Moreover, manufacturers must comply with regional regulations and keep an eye on emerging trends and consumer preferences for natural or synthetic preservatives. Balancing the need for product longevity with safety and market appeal is a complex process, one that takes scientific research, consumer feedback, and industry standards into consideration.
Chemrez LLC serves as the representative for its affiliated manufacturing company, Natura Aeropack, and is committed to providing businesses with clean, green, and sustainable ingredients. We supply companies in the personal and home care and health and nutrition industries with products and components derived from organically grown, traceable coconuts from our partner communities in the Philippines. For inquiries about natural preservative boosters and emulsifiers like NatPro 8000, leave a message on our Contact Us page.